Cross-country skiing in Altenmarkt-Zauchensee
On the slopes of the Salzburger Land
Be one with yourself and nature out on the magical network of cross-country trails in Altenmarkt-Zauchensee. A total of 250 km of groomed trails of all difficulty levels awaits you. Whoever has skied through the magical winter landscape to the rhythm of their own cross-country motions, knows how good it is for body, mind, and soul.
You can take the free ski bus to Altenmarkt-Zauchensee
Trails in Altenmarkt – Zauchensee
- A total of 260 km of well-maintained and well-groomed cross country trails of all levels of difficulty in Zauchensee and the surrounding resorts of the Salzburger Sportwelt
- 3 snow-sure high altitude trails nearby and 1 floodlit trail (3 km)
- Trail usage and maps are free
- The world’s first “Flying Coach”, a free training service out on the trails (Tuesday and Thursday)
- The 68 km long Tauern trail joins the 6 local towns in Salzburger Sportworld.
- Total of 11 km of groomed trails (difficult)
- Longest trail : Zauchensee trail of 11 km (difficult)
- Altitude from 842 to 1.350 m
- A total of 19 km groomed trails (10 km intermediate, 9 km easy)
- Longest trail : Tauern trail with 60 km (intermediate)
- Altitude from 842 to 1.100 m